Pageviews past week

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Evening....

Well, I can say it's been one of those days!!! Do you know what I'm talking about? Does everyone else have days that nothing goes right? Well, that is the kinda day I have had. I decided last week that it was time to start "Spring cleaning" which in turn led my overactive thought process to "remodeling" and "redoing"! So, I started in my bathroom. Thought that this room would be a breeze..........WRONG!!!!! One thing led to another, then another, then another and soon the br was in shambles and to be quite honest with you, it still is. And another day like today it may never be I wanted praire curtains, thought they were cute and the window in the br is small and since I have been sewing forever thought this would be a quick easy project. Boy, was I wrong! I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong, maybe my brain is not working right today but, I have a total of four (4) yes (4) panels that are for the same side. I have cut out the fabric in so many different ways yet I still have the same thing. Needless to say, I no longer have enough material to make the curtains. Oh well, I really wasn't satisfied with that material anyway! HeHe....But, it was so irritating to keep making the same mistake over and over. I guess I'll have to buy more material the next time I'm in Beckley.  I have been working on other projects as well. This little carrot project was so easy and fun. I called them my "hillbilly" carrots and when you see the pics you'll see why.... while browsing at Lowes Wednesday I happened to see these stakes. They have them in different sizes but the ones I made are 12" and they came in a bundle of 12 and I think they were only $2.00 or $3.00 which made my day!!! So, anyway when I saw these I thought "carrots"...hmmmmm....what do you think???

See, the little stake is just rough wood and that's how I left it. I dry brushed some terra cotta craft paint to the entire stake. After that dried I added my green fabric tops which I just tore the fabric and nailed the fabric to the top of the stake with small nails, I tied some string around the bundle of three. The other one is done the same way except I wrapped wire around this one. I have the others painted but I'm waiting for my son to cut out a bunny for me and I'm going to put some of the carrots with that. As soon as I get that project done I'll post. Can you think of any other projects to do with these stakes..............Let me know!!! Until later, have a wonderful Sunday. May God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda!...I just wanted to pop on over to say thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me a comment about my DE post!'s always a pleasure to meet another 3fan!...I was very touched by the story of you and your Dad and how he passed away on the same date just after Dale won the 500...what a sad day Feb. 18th must be for you...hugs and thanks again for stopping by!