Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bathroom

Good Sunday Evening everyone!!! Hope you have had a blessed wonderful day. It has been in the high 60's here today....woohoooo....Our Chiweenie, Duke, got to go outside today! He is 6 months old and today was his first time ever being outside on the ground. Boy, he loved it!! His papa, my hubs, bought him a little red harness and red leash, needless to say, he looked quite dashing..hehe.  Well, as everyone knows I'm currently "redoing" my bathroom. A friend over at TPP suggested using wood stain to antique your walls. So, I tried this method. I wanted my walls to look old and prim, well I have old and prim!! AND when my husband comes home and sees what I have done I'll probably be "primmed" LOL. No, really, it's not too bad. In fact, I like it. It just took me a while to get the hang of it. I'm not sure if I should have used an oil-based stain.....and I'm not sure about why this stain took some of the paint off...even the top layer of the sheetrock! Thankfully, this just happened in a few places. I think I probably need to do some research before I do anymore walls. Has anyone else stained their walls? If you have why don't you drop me a note and let me know how you like your walls. I'll be posting some before pics of the bathroom, maybe tomorrow. So far, I have "primmed up" the walls, painted the ceiling fan, painted and "re-made" the vanity light, made a shower curtain, will eventually figure out how to make the prairie curtains...heheheh..So, until tomorrow................................OH, if I don't post anymore.....My husband has had me committed..or taken away my computer....Love to all!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pics! I made my own prairie curtains...just go to my blog and on an older post I show some of the steps to do it!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete